Friday, August 29, 2008

Frighteningly Fun Halloween



Good evening everyone,

I apologize for the late post today. Hubby and I are getting ready to visit with family this weekend so it's been pretty crazy around here. I may not be able to post again until Sunday or Monday so I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

For my card today, I decided to ink up my new MFT (My Favorite Things) Halloween Stamps. I used MFT's new Totally Witchin' set which was release earlier this month. I inked the main image with Memento Black ink and stamped it twice, once onto Georgia Pacific cardstock and then again onto Halloween designer paper from K&Co. I then colored the image stamped on the GP cardstock with my copics. Next, I used the paper piecing technique to place the image stamped on designer paper around the image colored with copics.

I then created my card base (which measures 5 1/2 by 5 1/2) out of SU's Elegant Eggplant. I then layered SU's Basic Black on top of that followed by the spider designer paper from K&Co. Next, I stamped the cauldron (also from the same MFT set) with Versafine black ink onto GP cardstock and cut it out. I adhered it with dimensionals onto the bottom corner of the main image. I then used a white gel pen and diamond stickles to draw the steam coming out of the cauldron.

Next, I mounted my main image onto SU's Elegant Eggplant using dimensionals, and then onto Basic Black, also using dimensionals. I then mounted the whole panel onto the card base using dimensionals. For finishing touches, I added primas and a sparkly Making Memories brad at the top right of the card, and stamped the sentiment, using Versafine Black ink, onto Elegant Eggplant and adhered it to the card base with dimensionals.

I'd love to hear what you think. Thanks so much for stopping by. More soon :)

Christine :)

1 comment:

Candice said...

This is such an awesome card - I LOVE this MFT set - wonderfully done!!!

...and they lived happily ever after.
blog design by vk design company