Sunday, August 10, 2008

Summer Fun






Hi everyone,

I hope everyone had a lovely weekend. It was beautiful here this weekend. For my card today, I decided to ink up my new Hanna Stamps. The main stamps are from the Lazy Days Hanna set and the Patio Mini Set. The sentiment is a Studio G dollar stamp from Michael's.

I stamped my main Hanna image with Memento Tuxedo black ink. I then colored Hanna in with my copic markers. I then stamped Hanna again on a separate sheet of paper and cut her out. I used the cut out Hanna as a mask and placed her on top of my colored Hanna on my main image. With the mask in place, I then stamped the brick walkway under the Hanna image. I colored in the bricks using my copics. I also colored the sky with copics. Next, I stamped the plant, table, and tray with drinks onto a separate piece of cardstock, colored the images with copics, then cut them out and placed them in the scene with Hanna. It's difficult to tell from the photos, but I used Glossy Accents on the liquid in the drinks to give a shiny effect.

I then mounted the Hanna image onto Stampin Up's Yoyo Yellow cardstock. I then layered that onto SU's Bordering Blue cardstock. I then used SU's photo corner punch to punch out the Bordering Blue and Yoyo Yellow photo corners and adhered them together at the corners of the Hanna image. My card base is Green Galore SU cardstock and measures 5x7. I layered design paper from Die Cuts With a View's Summer Stack. I then placed a strip of Yoyo Yellow cardstock layered on top of Bordering Blue cardstock across the card. I then layered the Hanna image on top of that. The accents on the photo corners are mini-rhinestones from Michael's. The sentiment was stamped in Mememto ink. Finally, I placed two yellow dew drops from Michael's to the right of the sentiment.

I was really pleased with how this card turned out. I'd love to hear what you think. Thanks so much for stopping by.

Christine :)

2 comments:

Ida said...

Cute Card...Checking out blogs through Taylor's Blog and stopped by yours for a peek. Have a great day. Ida

Candice said...

Wow - what a great card - LOVE the scene you have created here! I read your comment on my blog and just had to come over and take a peek - you have a WONDERFUL blog!!!

...and they lived happily ever after.
blog design by vk design company