Sunday, September 7, 2008

Happy Birthday Friend



Happy Sunday everyone,

My card today is my submission for the Cute Card Thurday challenge blog, located at http://cutecardthursday.blogspot.com/ (or you can just click the icon on the right-hand side of my blog). Our challenge today was to use lots of pink on our card (as you can see from my previous posts, this was not difficult for me . . . pink is my favorite color :) ).

I stamped this cute hedgehog and mouse image from Penny Black onto Georgia Pacific cardstock and colored it in with my copic markers. It's a little difficult to see in the picture, but I used liquid applique (pink color) on the icing on the cake. I cut a circle and the two scallops with my nestabilities using SU's Blush Blossom and Pretty in Pink. I wanted to create a 3-D circle frame around my image so I adhered the image and scallops to the card base using dimensionals. I'm not sure if I achieved what I was going for, but it didn't turn out too bad :)

My card base measures 5 1/2 by 5 1/2 and is SU's Blush Blossom, folled by Pretty in Pink, followed by DP from DCWV Nana's Nursery (baby girl). I used SU's ticket corner punch on the corners and placed pink rhinestones from Michel's in the corners. I stamped the sentiment, which is a Studio G $1 stamp from Michael's, onto Blush Blossom and layered that onto Pretty in Pink. I again used the ticket corner punch and placed rhinestones in the corners.

For some finishing touches, I placed a pink ribbon from Michael's onto the bottom of the frame and placed primas and a Making Memories on the bottom left corner of the card.

I'd love to hear what you think. Thanks so much for stopping by. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Christine :)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

i LOVE it christine - and really the first impression i got looking at the pic was the 3-d effect! nice job.

Andrea, said...

Beautiful card, I love the 'icing' on the cupcake. Thanks for joining in the CCT challenge

Deb said...

fantastic card, love the pretty paper and sweet stamp, thank you for joining in the CCT challenge

Niki Estes said...

This is adorable! I love the frame you created!

debby4000 said...

Lovely cute card, love the icing on the cake.

Kim Dellow said...

Oh wow that is gorgeous. What a clever frame. Kimx

...and they lived happily ever after.
blog design by vk design company