Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Journey




Good evening everyone,

I just can't get enough of these Magnolia stamps, I LOVE them! :) I decided to enter the Tilda and Co. challenge with my card today. You can view the challenge, as well as other submissions, at http://magnoliachallengeblog.blogspot.com/, or just click on the icon on the right hand side of my blog. Our challenge this week was to use some sort of embossing on our card.

For my card, I stamped Tilda, Edwin, the luggage, and the bench, all from Magnolia stamps, onto Georgia Pacific cardstock, colored them all with my copics, and cut them out. It's hard to see in the pictures, but I added Diamond Stickles to the flowers on Tilda's hat and onto Edwin's wings.

Next, I created my card base, which measures 5 1/2 by 5 1/2, out of SU's Pale Plum cardstock. I then layered onto that Sahara Sand followed by Bashful Blue. I then layered on top of that my designer paper, which is from DCWV Travel Stack. I then created my panel for my main image, which consists of Pale Plum mountd on Sahara Sand, mounted on Bashful Blue. All pieces were run through the cuttlebug using the Swiss Dots embossing folder. I adhered each piece to the card base using dimensionals. I then adhered the bench and Tilda using dimensionals, and then seated Edwin on top of the luggage using dimensionals. I stamped my sentiment (which came from a cheap clear set I got at Michael's . . . the name escapes me at the moment) onto Pale Plum and then tied it onto the card with a ribbon I picked up in Michael's dollar bin. I then added primas and a Martha Stewart pearl for a finishing touch.

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks so much for stopping by.

Christine :)

8 comments:

Teri said...

I love it! I wouldn't have thought to use the bench and luggage but that's awesome.

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

this is wonderful..
tilda is waiting at the train station and edwin is sitting on the luggage :-)
what a wonderful idea
love it
claudia

Monica said...

This is so cute!! Love the design. I just got new stamps today and can't wait to play with them!

Cheryl said...

Love it! Great colors, embellishments and dimension!

debby4000 said...

Brilliant card, love all the different images together, gorgeous.

COCO said...

very fantastic card !!
Your 3D is splendide

Bev said...

Absolutely amazing!!! I love the all the layers and the fabulous colouring.

Hugs Bev x

Jeanette said...

What a gorgeous card. You have made such a sweet scene. I love it!
Hus Jeanette

...and they lived happily ever after.
blog design by vk design company