Friday, September 19, 2008

The Witching Hour



Happy Friday everyone! Whew, I'm so glad this week is coming to an end, it sure has been a crazy one.

I had a lot of fun with my card today. I just love Halloween and I love creating Halloween scenes on my cards. I first stamped Edwin, from Magnolia stamps, onto Georgia Pacific cardstock and colored him in with my copics. I then added Diamond Stickles to his wings and to the star on his pants. I used my Sakura glitter pen to add some shimmer to the light in the lantern. Next, I stamped the haunted house image, from Rubbernecker stamps, onto GP cardstock and colored it in with my copics. I added Gold Stickles to the moon. I then mounted the image onto SU's Pumpkin Pie followed by SU's Garden Green. I then used my new Martha Stewart spooky fence border punch to create the fence in front of the haunted house. I cut my dimensionals into very small pieces and popped the fence up with dimensionals.

My card base is made from SU's Pumpkin Pie and measures 5 1/2 by 5 1/2. I layered Garden Green on top of that followed by my designer paper from K&Co.'s Halloween stack. I cut the circle and scalloped circle with my nestabilties and poppped them with dimensionals. I then mounted Edwin with dimensionals.

The sentiment is a $1 Studio G stamp from Michael's. I stamped it using Versafine black ink. I then punched it out using SU's 1 1/4 circle punch. I punched out the second circle using SU's 1 3/8 circle punch. I then adhered the sentiment to the card base.

Finally, for some finishing touches, I added primas with an orange rhinestone center (from M's).

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks so much for stopping by. More tomorrow.

Hugs,

Christine

5 comments:

stampingtink said...

Love it, especially the fence! Love all the details you added with the glitter and Sakura pens. I'm all about the sparkle! It has such a great feel to it!

Rach said...

Hi Christine,
your card looks fabulous. great Halloween colours. I have just bought this punch for the fence..it looks great on your card.
your colouring looks fabulous. Have a lovely weekend Hugs rachxx

Annie said...

thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving me a lovely comment. You have fabulous cards on your blog too, I shall have to add you to my list! love Edwin in front of the haunted house, and the touches of sparkle! hugs, annie x

CraftyC said...

a fab card, not seen the house before, its great!!
Clairex

Jeanette said...

Wow this card is gorgeous too. I really love your style and how you put your card together! Amazing!
Hugs Jeanette

...and they lived happily ever after.
blog design by vk design company