Thursday, October 9, 2008

Acetate Treat Box



Good morning everyone,

Today's project is pretty simple. I decided to make an acetate treat box. This was a Try a New Technique Challenge several weeks ago on Splitcoast. You can see the template and directions here .

The Trick or Treat bag stamp and the candy coming out of it are from the Trick or Treat mini set from Hanna Stamps. I stamped the bag and the candy separately onto Georgia Pacific cardstock and colored them in with copics. I punched the bag out using SU's 1 3/8 circle punch and then punched out a scallop circle from SU's Elegant Eggplant using SU's scallop circle punch. I cut the candy out and adhered it to the bag. I then covered the candy in Diamond Stickles for some bling. :) The patterned paper is from K&Co.'s Halloween stack. The ribbon is from Memory Makers. I got the acetate (which is just transparency paper) from Office Max. Of course, I had to fill the box up with Candy Corn, my favorite Halloween candy :)

I hope you enjoy. I'd love to hear what you think. Thanks so much for stopping by. More tomorrow.

Hugs, Christine

5 comments:

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

sooo cute.
love this idea!

Rach said...

oh this is so sweet.xx

Annie said...

it's always nice to see what kind of sweets are inside the box! another fabby Halloween creation. hugs, annie x

CraftyC said...

I love the way your always trying new things (lol). Doing a grand job as well!!
Clairex

Unknown said...

love love love it!!! i am very into acetate boxes right now - just ordered a ton but i may have to give this a try - so cute!!!

...and they lived happily ever after.
blog design by vk design company