Saturday, March 14, 2009

Life is in the Little Things



Hello everyone and Happy Saturday! :):) I'm so sorry I've been absent this week. The Internet died on our home computer so I was unable to upload photos all week. Hubby was finally able to fix it and hopefully I'll be back to my regular posting routine :)

I have two projects for you today. The first uses another adorable image from the brand new Anki's Sweethearts Line available exclusively at Susana's Custom Art and Card Design. This particular image is called Cathrine with Butterfly and I think she's just gorgeous. I inked the image with Memento Black Ink, stamped her onto PTI cardstock, and colored her with my copics. By the way, if you are interested in copics, or want to know some great colors that go together, check out Susana's store HERE. Suzanne Dean, Susana's DT leader, has put together some awesome copic bundles of colors that are perfect for coloring skin tones, hair, landscapes, etc. Suzanne has also put together some amazing and easy to follow tutorials on the store blog, Follow Your Heart (just look on the sidebar under "Copic Bundle Tutorials").

Getting back to my card, I added some stickles to the image, then cut her out with my circle nesties. All cardstock is by SU (Pretty in Pink and Certainly Celery). My design paper is from DCWV's Nana's Nursery stack (baby girl). I used my fiskar's threading water punch on the smaller piece of design paper, then added a pink ribbon and adhered my image with dimensionals. The sentiment is from Verve and I cut it out using my circle and scalloped circle nesties. For a finishing touch, I added Primas and pink rhinestones. What do you think?



For my second card today, I decided to ink up this adorable image from Pink Cat Studio. I colored her with copics and added lots of Stickles and glitter from my Sakura glitter pen. All cardstock is SU (Bordering Blue and Always Artichoke) and my design paper is from DCWV's new Garden Party stack (love this paper, it's gorgeous!!). I added a blue ribbon and bow to the card, then mounted my image onto my SU cardstock with dimensionals. I used my SU ticket corner punch on the corners and added green rhinestones. The sentiment, which I adhered with dimensioanls, is from the same Pink Cat Studio set. For a finishing touch, I added Primas and blue rhinestones. What do you think?

Whew, sorry for the long post today :) After not blogging all week, I guess I just had a lot to say :) I'd love to hear what you think of my projects. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and thanks so much for stopping by. I'll be back tomorrow with another project.

Big Hugs, Christine :)

16 comments:

Danni said...

Ohhh, goodie!! You're back!! Love your cards!
Love the flowers on the first one and love the butterfly on the paper on Lily! I got that Lily set but haven't inked it up yet, must do that!
Awesome cards!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Your Cathrine is just so precious. I absolutely love what you did with your flowers...so very creative.

Annie said...

two gorgeous girly cards you made to share with us today. hugs, annie x

BLJ Graves Studio said...

Both cards are fabulous! Love the flowers.

Anonymous said...

Christine -- Now I want both these stamps even more!! I love the color and LO of the Catherine card!! Blessings and Hugs!

Lyn S said...

Both cards are so pretty and girly! Lovely!

Kathi said...

Both cards are lovely. Great coloring and paper choices.

B said...

So pretty! Love the flowers!

Jeanette said...

WOW...I am always inspired when I come and visit Christine. These cards are wonderful! Hugs Jeanette

Good Kardma by Jules said...

These are both so precious - they look so spring-y!

Susana M said...

Hey Christine,
I also am really happy you are back on line you have been missed :o)
Both layouts are fabby and I love the color themes!!!
Hearts and Hugs
Susana

marsha said...

Glad you're back in cyber world! Both cards are adorable, I love your coloring, DP and the prima flowers!

Hugs,
Marsha

cats whiskers said...

Hi Hun nice to have you back, and back with two suh sweet cardas I do love Ankis sweet stamps must get some and your Little fairy is just too sweet
Hugs Jacqui x

Suzanne J Dean said...

Both of your projects are Gorgeous! Love them both!

hugz,
Suzanne

Ann said...

These are both wonderful! My fave is #2--I just love that sweet image and the blue you used!

stampingtink said...

Oh, they're just too adorable! I love the Catherine with that butterfly. She's so soft and delicate looking. And Lily is just enchanting swinging on her gorgeous swing. What great paper to match! These are just fabulous!

...and they lived happily ever after.
blog design by vk design company