Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Try It Out Tuesday #14 - Sketch and Color Challenge



Hi Everyone and Happy Tuesday! :) I hope you are all having a wonderful week. Today is Tuesday so it's another Try It Out Tuesday challenge over at Susana's (from Susana's Custom Art and Card Design) Store Blog, Follow Your Heart. Our challenge this week was a combination sketch and color challenge. We were to use a sketch created by our wonderful DT leader, Suzanne and we were also to only use the colors brown, pink, and white/cream (this happens to be one of my favorite color combinations so I had a lot of fun with this challenge :) ). I decided to ink up this gorgeous Rubber Romance stamp, Retro Robin as my main image. I love these RR stamps, they are so elegant. I inked the image with Memento Black Ink, stamped it onto PTI cardstock, and colored it with copics. I inked around the image with SU's Close to Cocoa ink to give it an elegant and distressed feel to it.

Next, I created my card base out of SU's Pretty in Pink. I layered Very Vanilla on top of that followed by Chocolate Chip, followed by my design paper (which is from an old SU retired set). I added Pearls to the corners of the image, then adhered the image to my SU cardstock and to the card base with dimensionals. For a finishing touch, I added three dew drops to the card base.

Thank you so much for stopping by. I would love to see what you think of my card. Make sure to stop by Susana's Store Blog to see the amazing creations the rest of the DT have come up with. We would love it if you would like to participate in any of the Try It Out Tuesday challenges. If you upload your work to SCS or PCP, make sure to put tiot14 in the keywords section so we can all see your work. Well, that's it for me today. Thanks again so much for stopping by. I'll be back tomorrow with another project.

Hugs, Christine :)

14 comments:

Anki said...

Love it Christine and it's so funny that we used the same DPs for some of our layers. Kramis - Anki

Aud said...

WOW! Your card is super gprgeous!♥
Love that stamp, and you made them look so fine!

Hugs,
Aud

Anonymous said...

soooo cute and it's PINK...wooohoo. My favorite color! Your attention to detail is amazing. I adore looking at all your work, you are one talented lady with an Awesome first name....lol
Christine
pawsitivelystampin.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

a fabulous card Christine, great image and beautifully coloured. hugs rachxx

Danni said...

Oh my! She's so elegant!! You did a wonderful job! Love it!

Justine said...

She is a little hottie, I love how her shirt looks textured. I'm gonna have to go back and check but I think we ALL used Baubles. Obviously they are a must have item.

Suzanne J Dean said...

Just lovely Christine! Great job on the challenges!

hugz,
Suzanne

Lyn S said...

Love this Christine! So elegant and I love the colours!

Michelle said...

Brown....pink...and Dew Drops - what's not to love!!

Christine said...

Beautifully done Christine. Is her shirt sparkly? If so what did you use. It looks cool. Love those colors together and all of the little details. Fantastic work!
xoxo, Christine

Maria Matter said...

This is so pretty Christine! Great image and papers!
Blessings, Maria

Anonymous said...

She looks so classy. This is my favorite image from Rubber Romance. Great card!

Heather Schlatter said...

I have seen this image all over the place and I really like her!!! YOu did a great job coloring her and I love the black shirt with bling!! Great color choices too!!!

Heather

BLJ Graves Studio said...

Beautiful card... she looks so classy. :-)

...and they lived happily ever after.
blog design by vk design company