Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Sitting Pretty



Hi everyone and Happy Wednesday! :) We are halfway through the work week, yay :) I think I'm in some sort of post-holiday slump, I can't seem to stay awake when I get home from work :) I'm so sleepy, I took two cat naps last night when I got home from work :) Maybe it's because it's so cold outside, I just want to stay in and hibernate :) It was in the low 20s here yesterday, Brrrrr!

Anyway, onto my card for the day. I only have one card for you today and again, this is a picture that I took before our new camera so it's not as clear as I'd like it to be, but I think it came out okay. I love, love, love this Tilda image, I think she's just adorable :) This one is called "Dinner Tilda." It looks like Diana at Magnolialicious is out of this particular design at the moment, but you can find it at 7 Kids Here. I stamped my image in Memento Tuxedo Black ink (which is the ink I always use when I color with copics). I then colored the image with my copics (I'm so sorry, I don't remember the numbers I used) and cut her out. All cardstock is by Stampin Up (Brocade Blue and Chocolate Chip). The design paper is by My Mind's Eye (have I mentioned lately how much I LOVE MME paper? LOL! :) ). On the brown design paper panel I used my Martha Stewart doily edge punch (love that one). I then used my SU ticket corner punch in the corners and placed these beautiful light blue pearls that I got at Michale's (Recollection brand) in the corners. I then used my swirl punch (you can find it Here). I love this punch and I find that I reach for it often. I added darker blue pearls to the swirls and then cut the ovals out using my oval nesties. I added small blue pearls for Tilda's necklace and bracelet, then adhered her to the card with dimensionals. The bow is SU's Chocolate Chip. Finally, I added some roses to the corner. I purposefully left off a sentiment. I figured this card could be used for many occasions, from Birthday to Thinking of You to Thank You, etc.

What do you think? Thank you so much for stopping by today. I hope you all have a wonderful day and I'll see you back here tomorrow :)

Hugs, Christine

36 comments:

Patricia Garcia said...

Oh wow I love your card, the color combo looks GREAT! You have colored Tilda Awesome!!(Check my blog candy out)

Hugs,
Patricia

Suzanne J Dean said...

Gorgeous--I love the blues & browns together with this cutie. Great layout & beautiful flower embellies!

hugz,
Suzanne

Kathy Williams said...

Your card is beautiful, and it has inspired me to get busy. Nice job!

Blog Master E said...

So pretty, the blue and brown are fabulous. Really love the bow too.

Jacque said...

Oh Christine!!! She is gorgeous....those colors are just so stunning!!! Your coloring is wonderful and that shade of blue is just so beautiful!!! An ABSOLUTELY beautiful card...Hugs..Jacque

Sharon Caudle said...

Love the blue and brown combo, Christine! Awesome detailing and Tilda is colored perfectly! Stay safe and warm!! hugs!

Myrna said...

Very cute card! Love your embellishments all your tiny beads for the necklace and bracelet. Great job of coloring too.

Barb Hardeman said...

Awesome! Dinner Tilda is just gorgeous in her matching pearls. The paper is so so pretty and your flowers are such an elegant finish...hugs...Barb

Candy said...

Hi Christine!
What a pretty card you have made. Love the blue and brown together.
Tilda is gorgeous and your layout very nice!
Hugs, Candy

Christina C. said...

Love, love, love your card!!!!
You colored that sweet Tilda to perfection. Hugs, Christina

Anonymous said...

love those scrolls and your Tilda card design is great!
Pam Going Postal

Angie said...

I love her..love her..love her! Not only is she colored beautifully, but the color combination is gorgeous.

Ila said...

This is Gorgeous!! Tilda is definetly sitting pretty..Fabulous coloring and details!!..I'm like a bear in January too..lol..sleep twice as much!!...Hugs, Ila

Nancy said...

Love your card Christine! Love the brown and blue and Tilda is colored perfectly! Beautiful card!
Hugs,
Nancy

LindaC said...

Pretty....love the colors. LindaC

Angelwood said...

Christine, this is a beautiful card! I love the colors and how you have Tilda sitting so pretty in the frame. She's beautifully colored too. Awesome job! hugs, Angela

Diana Crick said...

Absolutely precious..I would have her as a dinner guest anytime...lol. I love the colours you chose, go together beautifully.
hugs, Diana

BLJ Graves Studio said...

Beautiful card, great colors.

Nancy said...

Christine, this is wonderful. I love everything about it. Everything you used is perfect, and works together so well. What talent you have my friend.

Peggie said...

She is sitting pretty. Love her pearls.

Jean said...

Simply adorable, love your coloring and layout.. flowers add such a feminine aspect to her..

Jean said...

Simply adore your color choices and the placement of the flowers makes the card so feminine for your sweet Tilda.

marsha said...

This is truly gorgeous! I love your dp and colors. The Tilda is adorable and your flowers look marvy with this.

Hugs,
Marsha

B said...

So pretty! Lovely blue and browns and lovely coloring!

Danni said...

Gorgeous card, Christine! Love the blues and browns!

Patti Jo said...

Terrific card! Love your coloring and color choices! Well done!!!

LINDA W. said...

Hi,I love your card,i like MME also
and i like your colors.
Linda W.

cabio's craft corner said...

Cute and sweet Tilda. Love her pearls and the brown base look so cool!
hugs,
Cabio

cats whiskers said...

What a really cute and pretty card this is, the colour scheme and you colouring are just awesome
Hugs Jacqui x

Crissy Armstrong said...

Hi Christine! Your card is spectacular! I love love love your colouring and the colour combo. Gorgeous!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome card!!!!! Love the blue/brown combo. Wish I had just a bit of that talent on coloring.
bevb

Eulanda said...

This card is gorgeous and I just LOVE your DP paper. That image is so cute too and you've colored her beautifully.

KymKreates said...

I adore the charcoal and blue! Great job!

Unknown said...

Oooo Chocolate Chip, one of my favorites from Stampin Up. Nice grown up card.

Brandi said...

This is beautiful! I love the colors! :)

Cami said...

Beautiful! I love this blue/brown combination and you have colored her beautifully! Very lovely card. Cami

...and they lived happily ever after.
blog design by vk design company