Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Burst of Orange




Hi everyone and happy Tuesday :) I hope you are all having a wonderful week so far. For my card today, I went way out of my comfort zone! I usually work with pinks, lavenders, blues, soft greens . . . I rarely ever work with bright orange :) I found this design paper from My Mind's Eye at Michael's (it's the "Home" Collection) and decided to challenge myself a bit with some colors I don't usually use. To be honest, I'm not sure how I feel about the end result. I think I probably should have left the space around the image white instead of coloring with another shade of orange. Oh well, I learn something new with each card I make so hopefully, I'll get better in the future :) For my card, I used another beautiful image from ching-chou kuik's Fantasy Art Collection available at Sweet Pea Stamps. This image is called September Rhythm and I think she's just gorgeous. I colored her with copics and added some Martha Stewart glitter to her tail (I love this stuff, but it gets everywhere!) :) My card base was made with SU cardstock and the DP is MME. For a finishing touch, I added orange roses from Wild Orchid Crafts. What do you think? I'd love any suggestions or comments you might have, as I said, this one was way out of my comfort zone :)

Thank you all so much for stopping by! Have a wonderful day and I'll see you back here tomorrow.

Hugs, Christine :)

14 comments:

Good Kardma by Jules said...

It's always good to step out of your comfort zone. I am not a big orange user either but I like this card. I think the only thing I would change would be to have the background around the stamp a little softer orange color. Good job doing something different!

Angelwood said...

Absolutely gorgeous! She is stunning! Awesome job coloring her, Christine. Wow! hugs, Angela

kirsin kortit said...

WOW! Awesome! Really something:)

cats whiskers said...

Oh this is just so fabulous what a great image and lovely colours dear
Hugs Jacqui x

Gina Lindsay said...

This is just beautiful. I love the orange and the sparkle. I had to go shopping and get more Sweet Pea stamps!

B said...

Oh you used orange so lovely!

Lori aka Lo Lo said...

Gorgeous!!!

xoxo,
Lori

marsha said...

Ooh, I really love this Christine! The orange is gorgeous and looks great with this image. I guess we none need to get too comfortable!

Hugs,
Marsha

Maria Matter said...

Gorgeous!!! I love the orange and touch of glitter!
Great job Christine!!!!
Hope you're having a super week!
Blessings, Maria

Peggie said...

I love the colors on this one. And the glitter tail.

Lyn S said...

I love the orange Christine! Great colouring, and love the glitter added!

Angela said...

This is just beautiful!!! I thought I was following your blog, but guess what!! I wasn't but now I am a follower!!! Looks like you've been bitten by the Seet Pea bug too!! I just love these beautiful images!! By far my fav's!!! They are just beautiful artwork in themselves and the colors you chose are just fab!!
Thanks for all your sweet comments!!
Hugs:)
Angela

Anonymous said...

Oh wow I really love this one !!! The patterned papers are just amazing, what a wonderful card !!!
Hugs
Mag :)

Kathi said...

Get out of your comfort zone more often because this is amazing!

...and they lived happily ever after.
blog design by vk design company