Wednesday, June 2, 2010

You're Just My Style

Hi everyone and Happy Wednesday! I hope you are all having a wonderful week. We're halfway through the work week already, I just love three day weekends! :) I have a quick post for you today, I have a busy day at work and must get to it :)




For my card today, I decided to ink up this adorable image available exclusively at Susana's Custom Art and Card Design. This image was illustrated by the fabulous Elisabeth Bell. This image is called All Grown Up and I think she is absolutely adorable. She reminds me of myself when I was little, I was always putting on my mom's high heels and pearls. :) I colored the image with copics (pinks: R81, R83, R85; black: W6, W8; skin: E00, E01, E11, RV21; hair: E33, E35, E37) and added some Stardust Stickles to her hair bows and to her purse. Next I created my card base out of SU cardstock (Basic Black and Rose Red). The design paper is by Amanda Blu. I used my SU ticket corner punch on the corners and added pearls. I also added pearls to her necklace. The sentiment is from a Gina K set called Retro Boutique. For some finishing touches I added a ribbon, bow (tied with my Bow Easy), a purse charm, primas, and roses from Wild Orchid Crafts. What do you think?

Well, that's it from me today. Thank you all so much for stopping by. Have a wonderful day! :)

9 comments:

Maria Matter said...

oh she's darling and the beaded necklace is brilliant!!! Beautiful card Christine!

have a great day!
HUGS!!!!

B said...

OMGoodness! That pearl necklace is absolutely FAB!!!! LOVE it!

Danielle Champagne said...

Hello Christine, your card is so pretty! so feminine. I love your colouring, and the necklace.
Very nice.
Danielle

Peggie said...

Well isn't she just too sweet. Love the pearls - just precious.

Susana M said...

Hey Christine
Super job love the details of the necklace, purse and hair bows :o)
Hearts and Hugs
Susana

Angela said...

Oh Christine, I love her necklace you created with the pearls!! She is so adorable!! Hope you have a great week!!
Hugs:)
Angela

marsha said...

WOW! Thsi is just over the top gorgeous! Love all the pearls and the pink and the black really rock!
Hugs, Marsha

Crystal said...

Oh my goodness I LOVE this image and how you did the pearls...SOOOOOO super sweet!

Patti Jo said...

So cute Christine!!! Love the pearls and other details! All adorable!!!

...and they lived happily ever after.
blog design by vk design company