Saturday, August 7, 2010

You are my Sunshine

Hi everyone and Happy Saturday! I'm SO sorry I haven't posted in so long. I've been feeling a bit run down lately and that coupled with moving up to a different position at work and going through training has left little time for crafting the last few weeks (don't get me wrong, I am SO excited about my new position, it's just a lot of work and a lot of learning). It felt so good to get back into the craft room last night :) I've missed all your beautiful blogs and will be getting caught up on comments this weekend.




For my card today, I wanted to create a bright, fun, summery card. I decided to use this adorable image illustrated by Victoria Case and available at Susana's Custom Art and Card Design. This particular image is called By the Sea and I think she's absolutely adorable. I colored the image with copics and then added Stardust Stickles to the flowers on her cap and the ripples in the water. Next, I sponged around the image with SU's Bashful Blue ink. I then cut the image out using my circle nestabilities. Next I created my card base out of SU cardstock. The DP is from MME. I added blue pearls to the corners, a bow, roses from Wild Orchid Crafts, and dew drops for some finishing touches. The sentiment is from an old Studio G set. What do you think?

I'm hoping to get back to a regular posting schedule soon. I am in training for the rest of this month and we are also taking a vacation to Charleston, South Carolina at the end of the month (I'm SO excited!!! :) ), so posting might be a little light, but I'm going to try to keep up. Thanks so much for stopping by. Have a wonderful day and a wonderful weekend!


14 comments:

Crystal said...

AWWWW Christine she is sooooo cute, these colors are wonderful, your coloring is PERFECT and lovin those added dew drops!!!! Beautiful creation, Have a wonderful weekend!

jimlynn said...

So glad you're back! Your card is fabulous. What a precious little image and it's a perfect fit for the card. So very cute.
Lynn

Brandi said...

Oh my gosh! Charleston??? I am so jealous right now I am almost turning green! Okay got that under control! :)

Love your cute and happy card! :) She looks so happy and the sentiment is wonderful.

Hope things slow down a bit for you. Take care! Smiles ~ Brandi

Danielle Champagne said...

Hello Christine! Irresistible! I love the image, soooo pretty! Beautiful papers. Gorgeous.
Hugs.
Danielle.

marsha said...

Christine,
Welcome back, I've been missing you! This card is absolutely divine! I just love this image and fabulous coloring!

Hugs, Marsha

Connie said...

Love how this turned out Christine! I especially like those little white freckles you gave her!!
Hope your life starts calming down soon.
Connie

B said...

How adorable!

Angelwood said...

She is just adorable, Christine! Love how you've colored her! Another gorgeous card! hugs,Angela

CraftyC said...

Hi Christine, nice to see you back. Your card is gorgeous and cant wait to see more!!
Clairexx

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh she is so SWEET!

Angela said...

Oh so sweet Christine!! I hope your days start slowing and calming down so you don't get so wore out again. You have been missed!!
Hugs:)
Angela

Maria Matter said...

Wow, what a fabulous job on coloring this little beauty! I could almost dip my toe in the water with her!
Wonderful design for this VC stamp...love her stamps, btw!!!

Congrats on your new position at work Christine!
hugs & blessings!

Lyn S said...

Adorable image and so beautifully coloured!

Anonymous said...

Such an adorable card Christine! I love everything about it!
hugs,
Shell

...and they lived happily ever after.
blog design by vk design company