Sunday, September 19, 2010

Starry Halloween

Hi everyone and Happy Sunday! I'm so sorry it's been so long since I've posted. Last week just sort of got away from me. I was so busy at work and I have also been fighting a cold so I've been a little run down. I've gotten some much needed R&R this weekend and of course, some time in the craft room :) I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend :)




When I saw this new image illustrated by Elaine Cox for Sweet Pea Stamps, I was so excited! This image is SO beautiful and SO much fun to color. It stamps beautifully too. The image is called Starry Halloween. I first stamped the image on Neenah white cardstock and then colored the image with copics (e-mail me if you want the list, I used a lot!). I added some Stardust Stickles to the stars in the sky and I added some Glossy Accents to the owl's eyes (this is hard to see in the pictures, but it really gives a nice, fun effect). Next I created my card base out of SU cardstock. My DP is from DCWV (the new Halloween stack, I got mine at JoAnn's). For some finishing touches, I added some purple Offrey ribbon (last weekend I went to the Offrey outlet in Hagerstown and got probably 20 pounds of ribbon for less than $20 . . . such a fun trip!) :). I also added some pearls and some roses from Wild Orchid Crafts. What do you think?

Well, that's it from me today. Thanks so much as always for stopping by. Enjoy the rest of your weekend :)

5 comments:

marsha said...

I love this image! You have colored her perfectly! So glad you're back too!
Hugs, Marsha

B said...

The purple sky is just spooky and the flowers on the side are just the perfect touch!

Maria Matter said...

oh, I LOVE this purple-y card Christine!!! everything about...perfection!

you've been so busy at work & a cold yet, geeshz Glad you got some R&R this weekend, 'cause it starts all over again tomorrow! :)
This whole year seems to be flying by! what's that all about?!
Take care my friend!
hugs & blessings!

Brandi said...

Beautiful card card ~ and your coloring is gorgeous! :)

Marlene said...

Hope you're feeling better! Your card is GORGEOUS! Love the purples!

I'm just back from vacation. Sure did miss everyone's blogs while I was away.

...and they lived happily ever after.
blog design by vk design company