Thursday, September 2, 2010

A Sweet Pea Halloween

Hi everyone and Happy Thursday! We've almost made it to the end of the week. I cannot wait until the three day weekend. Do any of my friends in the US have any exciting plans for Labor Day? I think we're just going to take it easy here, get some chores done around the house, maybe see a movie, and of course, I'll spend some time in the craft room :)




For my card today, I had to ink up this new Halloween image from Sweet Pea Stamps. This particular image is called Not Just a Pumpkin and I had so much fun coloring this one. Halloween is my favorite holiday to make cards for so I enjoyed putting this card together. I colored the image with copics and then sponged around the image with purple ink. I added some Stardust Stickles to the pumpkin for some sparkle. Next I created my card base out of SU cardstock (Perfect Plum and Basic Black). My DP is from DCWV (the new Halloween stack, I just got it at JoAnn's). For some finishing touches, I added pearls, Primas, and roses from Wild Orchid Crafts. What do you think?

Well, that's it from me today. I hope you all have a wonderful day and thank you all so much for stopping by.

12 comments:

Crystal said...

WOOWEEE this is one fabulous Halloween creation and I LOVE LOVE this image...Your coloring on her is PERFECT!!! ANOTHER AWESOME creation!!

Angela said...

Oh I love that paper I can see a drive to Joann coming!! Good thing I work right down from one.. even though I try not to stop there but every few months!! Love the way you have colored her!! I never go anywhere we jsut stay home, have a cooout with family and enjoy 3 days off with the kids!! I am so looking forward to 3 days off!! Hope you get some rest and enjoy your days off!!
Hugs:)
Angela

Annie said...

ooo she is a cheeky little thing! a fabulous card and beautifully coloured.
hugs, annie x

Danni said...

I'm celebrating my birthday this weekend, hehee!! Hopefully with lots of crafty time and a trip to the zoo!

Gorgeous card my friend!! Love it!

slinkycat said...

Gorgeous, love the colours and papers you've used!

Leanne x

Marlene said...

What a cute little vixen! ;)

No plans here... oh, let me restate...no FUN plans. Putting in hardwood floors. I'll be glad when it's done.

jimlynn said...

WOW!!!! What a beautiful card Christine. Fabulous. Love the background paper you used too. Everything is just so pretty.
Lynn

B said...

Wow, so pretty! Love the coloring and the bg paper!

Maria Matter said...

oh this is fantastic Christine! don't ya love that little kitty hanging on in the back!

I'm really enjoying these new images for the fall!
hugs & blessings

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh she is so PRETTY!

Cami said...

OMG this is a very beautiful card and your coloring is gorgeous! What a strikingly beautiful witch she makes! Hugs, Cami

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is gorgeous Christine!! I so love your coloring of the sweet pea image and your choice of dp and colors. GORGEOUS!
hugs,
Chris

...and they lived happily ever after.
blog design by vk design company