Monday, November 22, 2010

I'm Back with a New Sweet Pea Card :)

Hi everyone and Happy Monday! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! I'm so sorry it's been so long since I've posted. Last week was an incredibly stressful week but, thank goodness, it's over and I get to look forward to Thanksgiving with my family later this week :) Are any of you out there Black Friday shoppers? My husband and I are, we always get amazing deals on Black Friday. I plan to get some crafty things, Michael's is having an awesome sale :) Can't wait! :) Anyway, onto my card for today.




I'm so excited to share my card with you today. Lynette, the owner of Sweet Pea Stamps has added some incredible new artists to her stamp designs. This particular image is illustrated by the amazing Caron Vinson. I LOVE her illustrations, they are absolutely gorgeous! This particular image is called Blue Fairy (of course, I didn't color mine blue :) ). I colored my image with copics. I then sponged around my image lightly with purple ink using my Tim Holtz blending tool. Next I added some Stardust Stickles to her wings and some purple glitter from my purple glitter Sakura gel pen to her bracelets. Next I created my card base out of SU cardstock. The yummy DP is from DCWV (love this paper!). For some finishing touches, I added pearls, Primas, roses from Wild Orchid Crafts, and a butterfly, which was made by Prima (I got it at Michael's). What do you think?

Well, that's it from me today. I hope you all have a wonderful day. Thanks so much as always for stopping by.

11 comments:

Angela said...

Christine, this is gorgeous!! I too love these new images. I hope you had a great weekend and you get some awesome sales on Black Friday.
Hugs:)
Angela

B said...

So pretty! The butterfly embellie is the perfect touch!

Maria Matter said...

Glad this week will be a bit easier on you Christine!
GORGEOUS card! This image is so beautiful and your coloring really brings her to life! The details are amazing!
hugs & blessings!

jimlynn said...

Beautiful card Christine! Such wonderful colors and the butterflies are the perfect touch.
Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
Lynn

Crystal said...

This is GORGEOUS Christine!!! This new image is FANTASTIC and girl you make these girls come alive!!!! Beautiful!!

Danni said...

What a beautiful card! Stunning image!! great job!

Marlene said...

WOW! She's stunning! Gorgeous card!

Thanks so much for the birthday wishes today, too!

Gina Lindsay said...

Love the purple here on this beautiful card. Every time I see this image i like it more and more.

I am not really a Black Friday shopper. Sometimes i will go out in the afternoon just to see if there is any thing left. But my goal is to always have most of my shopping done before Thanksgiving!

Cindy Haffner said...

PRETTY PRETTY!

Brandi said...

Gorgeous! Love the purple and the butterfly is so perfect! :)

Lyn S said...

Stunning card Christine!!

...and they lived happily ever after.
blog design by vk design company