Monday, January 3, 2011

Make a Wish - MPS Design Team Call

Hi everyone and Happy Monday! Did you all have a wonderful New Year? We kept it very low key here and as I predicted, I fell asleep before the ball dropped :) I worked most of the weekend since I took last week off from work, but I did manage to get into my craft room last night. When I learned the other day that Robyn over at My Pink Stamper was having a Design Team Call, I just new I had to try out. Robyn is truly a wonderful person, her tutorials on using the Cricut have really inspired me and helped me use this fabulous tool. It would truly be an honor to work with her on her Design Team. For those of you who have been reading my blog for a while now and enjoy my stamping projects, don't worry, I will never give up my stamps and my copic markers :) But I do love my Cricut and thanks to Robyn and some other talented bloggers out there, I've really gotten into using it these last couple of months. I just want to mix my blog up a little bit and provide all sorts of projects on here. Hopefully, I'll have projects for everyone. :) Anyway, our challenge for Robyn's DT call was to use her favorite colors pink, green, and brown (plus an additional optional color of our own) and our favorite Cricut cartridge. This was a bit difficult for me because I have so many favorite cartridges, but I decided to go with the Once Upon a Princess cartridge. I have lots of pictures of the project I came up with so here goes:



Here are a couple of views from the side to show the dimension:




And a close up of my princess and my unicorn :)



To make my card, I first used my Gypsy to design where I wanted everything placed. My card measures 5 1/2" by 5 1/2". I used my Paperdoll Dress Up cartridge for the hills and the grass. I used my Gypsy to cut them lenghtwise at 5 1/2". Next, I used my Once Upon a Princess Cartridge to cut out my castle at 4". I cut each layer out and then I attached each layer with dimensionals so the castle really popped out. Next, I cut my princess out at 3.5" and my unicorn out at 3". I did some doodling with my white and black gel pens and then put all the pieces together. I used the "hide contour" feature on my Gypsy to hide the princess' face that the Gypsy would cut and I used a face stamp from Peachy Keen Stamps from the Princess Face Assortment Set For a finishing touch for the unicorn, I added some Stardust Stickles to her horn. Next I created my card base using SU cardstock. My DP is from MME. I then adhered my castle, unicorn, and princess to my card base with dimensionals. I stamped the "Make a Wish" sentiment (which is from an old Studio G set) right onto my grass layer and then for a finishing touch, added some roses from Wild Orchid crafts. What do you think?

Whew, this has been a super long post, thanks for making it this far :) Thank you all so much as always for stopping by. I hope you have a wonderful day and I will see you back here tomorrow with a Sweet Pea Stamps project. :)

13 comments:

Sophia said...

How sweet!! Thanks for sharing and good luck with the challenge.

Cathie Rigby said...

This is so adorable! Hope you make the team-TFS Cathie www.creativecutter.org

jimlynn said...

Christine, this is just GORGEOUS!!! So very pretty. Love it.
Lynn

Marlene said...

This is a fantastic card! Good luck with the DT call!

girlia said...

cute. I love the layering and the dimension. GL with the challenge

Kristin said...

Wow!!! I love it:) Such a great card.I just became a follower:)

Pinkldycrafter

Brandi said...

Wonderful card ~ good luck on the Design Team call! :)

Unknown said...

This is really beautiful!

Dorcas said...

The detail on this card is fabulous! You did great on the challenge~ Wishing you the best

~Dorcas
http://4craftyangels.blogspot.com/

B said...

So adorable -- best of luck with the call! :)

THEBUZYBUG said...

Very Cute! TFS! Come on over to my blog...thebusybug.blogspot.com. I have 2 Cricut Cartridge giveaways going on until Friday! Leave comments for 2 chances to win! Bug Hugs!

Anonymous said...

So cute!!! Love all the details on your card :-) Good Luck!!! -Sam :-)

p.s. I'm a new blog follower :-)

SweetSassyDiva said...

Good Luck! I hope you check out mine at
http://sweetsassydiva-gspot.blogspot.com

I am enjoying all the variety and creativity! Great way to start the year! I love your card! in fact, your logo for your blog reminds me of a su stamp set I own. TFS!

We are doing a blog hop today for the three Kings day and there will be some yummy blog candy along the way! I hope you can stop by

...and they lived happily ever after.
blog design by vk design company