Friday, July 22, 2011

Happy Birthday - Scraptastical Kreations Friday Challenge

Hi everyone and Happy Friday! So glad it's Friday and the weekend is almost here :) Any exciting plans for this weekend? I'm not sure what we're doing tomorrow. On Saturday, we're going to my dad's for a family dinner/get together and I'm looking forward to that. We'll probably do something fun tomorrow just me and hubby. It's been a long week so we could definitely use some R&R :) Well, today is Friday so that means it's a new challenge today over on the Scraptastical Kreations Facebook Fan Page (every Friday we will post a new challenge on the fan page and you will have one week to play along). We can't wait to see your creations! :) Our challenge this week was to create a card using a pattern or digi stamp from Scraptastical Kreations and at least one stamp on their project.






For my card today, I decided to create a card using this adorable birthday girl bear from the Let's Celebrate Pattern Set. I cut the cute little bear out using my Silhouette. I ran the party hat, the dress, and the balloons through my Cuttlebug using my embossing folders. I then inked around my images, put everything together, and then some doodling using my white and black gel pens. I then created my card base using SU cardstock. My DP is from MME. I then adhered the bear to my card base using dimensionals. I then adhered the balloons and then used Bakers Twine for the balloon strings. The sentiment is a stamp from Hero Arts. For some finishing touches, I added a bow (tied with my Bow Easy) and roses from Wild Orchid Crafts. What do you think?

Well, that's it from me today. Thank you all so much as always for stopping by. Make sure to stop by the Scraptastical Kreations fan page over on Facebook and join in the challenge. Have a wonderful day and a wonderful weekend and I'll see you back here tomorrow :)

4 comments:

jimlynn said...

Cute, cute, cute! LOVE those little balloons in the different embossing folders.
Lynn

Lyn S said...

Hi Christine, just doing a big catch-up with your blog. Love all your cricut creations, this bear card is just adorable!

Danni said...

You are my cricut hero!! Simply adorable card!!

Tracy said...

What an adorable project and FUN too-- thanks so much for linking up this week at Craft Junkie Too I invite you to join us again next week.

Big Hugs!
Tracy

...and they lived happily ever after.
blog design by vk design company