Monday, August 15, 2011

Happy Birthday Layout

Hi everyone and Happy Monday! Did you all have a good weekend? I sure did! On Saturday, I got to hang out with my pal Marti (Pezadoodle). We went to Vienna, Virginia to an old toy/miniature/doll store. It is such a WONDERFUL store! Just beautiful! My mom used to go there when she was younger and then my mom would take me when I was younger. Marti and I are both working on dollhouses now so we decided to go pick up some supplies. We were there coincidentally on the six year anniversary of my mom's passing so it was truly a wonderful way to remember my mom. So much fun! Then on Sunday, I went with hubby and a friend to see Cowboys and Aliens. I LOVED it (is that weird?) :) I even got some time in the craft room yesterday and I have a birthday layout to share today.






For my project today, I decided to create an 8x8 birthday layout. My cute little bear is from Scraptastical Kreations (the Let's Celebrate Pattern Set). I cut her out using my Silhouette and added some dimension to the balloons using my Cuttlebug and my embossing folders. I created the face using the Tear Bear Face Parts face set from Peachy Keen Stamps. These faces are PERFECT for your paper piecing patterns. Too cute! :) I put everything together and then did some doodling with my white gel pen. Next I created my scrapbook page using SU cardstock. My DP is from MME. I cut the sentiment out with my Cricut using the Birthday Bash cartridge. I added a ribbon and heart charm and then adhered my little bear with dimensionals. I used Baker's Twine to tie the balloons to her paw. What do you think?

Well, I hope you enjoyed my layout today. Thanks so much as always for stopping by. Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

...and they lived happily ever after.
blog design by vk design company