Monday, September 19, 2011

Ghost Brew

Hi eveyone and Happy Monday! :) I hope you all had a wonderful weekend and that your week is off to a great start. We had a lovely weekend here. Saturday we went out to a nice lunch and ran some errands and then yesterday, we just relaxed a bit, I did some crafting, hubby watched some football . . . it was a really nice stress free day :) I even finished a book called The Help (a movie just came out based on the book). Wow, what a fabulous book, I LOVED it and I definitely recommend it! Well, enough chit chat and onto the reason you're really here, my card :) I'm still in a Halloween mood so I have another Halloween card to share with you today.




For my card today, I decided to use this adorable ghost and cauldron image from My Scrap Chick (Hocus Pocus collection). I just LOVE this cute little image. I designed my card using my SCAL 3.0 software. I sized everything the way I wanted it, then I cut everything out using my Silhouette. Next I inked around the edges of my pieces, did some doodling with my white and black gel pens, and then put everything together. Next I created my card base using SU cardstock. My DP is actually from the $1 spot at Target. I adhered my image to my card base with dimensionals. I then used an EK Sucess punch for the swirls in the corners, then added pearls, a bow, and a rose from Wild Orchid Crafts for some finishing touches. The adorable sentiment is from My Creative Time(All Around Halloween stamp set). How adorable is that sentiment?!?! Emma comes up with the coolest designs! I punched the image out with a SU circle punch and then backed it with a scalloped circle, also from a SU punch. I also did some stiching around the sentiment with my white gel pen. What do you think?

Well, that's it from me today. I hope you enjoyed my card for today. Thank you all so much as always for stopping by. Have a wondeful day and I'll see you back here tomorrow. Big hugs!

2 comments:

Crystal said...

Super spooky Christine this is FAB, SOOO LOVE your ribbon treatment!

Anonymous said...

What a great card!!! I love it! :-)

...and they lived happily ever after.
blog design by vk design company