Friday, May 11, 2012

It's Your Day!

Hi everyone and Happy Friday! :) I'm so glad the weekend is almost here. I have a super fun project to share with you today so I'll get right to it. For my project today, I was honored to volunteer to create a project using a cut file from a new pattern set from My Scrap Chick. I was asked to work with this adorable caddy which should be available soon from My Scrap Chick ("MSC").


How fun is this little 3D item?!?! First, I downloaded the SVG file into SCAL 3.0. I didn't resize it, I just left it the size it came (which is the perfect size for what I was looking for). I then cut the image out using my Silhouette. What is really awesome about this file from MSC is that the score lines are included in the cut and the score lines are perfect! You don't even have to actually score them with a scoring tool, just fold. LOVE that feature. After I cut the caddy out, I put it together (I use Scor-Tape for all my 3D items, it works great!). I then decided to embellish the little box using DCWV designer paper. I also wanted to decorate the front of the box with a cute little bear from MSC (this particular one is from the Valentine Bears set, available HERE).


I used SCAL 3.0 and my Silhouette well to cut this pattern out. I cut it pretty small so it would fit on the front of the box and this just really shows how well the Silhouette cuts, even the tiniest pieces are just perfect. I put everything together and then did some doodling with my white gel pen.
I decorated the sides of the box as well with my DP and a swirl, which was made using an EK Success punch. The flower decorating the top of the box was cut out using my new Flower Shoppe Cricut Cartridge. The sentiment is from an old Hero Arts set.


I then wanted to put some confetti type paper in the inside of the box for decoration. I shredded a piece of black cardstock using my paper shredder and then folded the individual pieces. It just makes for a little something extra. I thought this would be an adorable way to package some fun Mother's Day gifts or birthday gifts. It's such a super cute and fun way to package a small gift.   You can see, there's even a divider on the inside which creates two sections.  SO cute!  What do you think?


Well, that's it from me today. Thanks so much as always for stopping by. Have a wonderful day and a wonderful weekend!

...and they lived happily ever after.
blog design by vk design company