Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Creating an Underwater Scene with My Favorite Things and Distress Inks

Hi everyone!  I'm a bit behind this week in my videos/blog postings.  I've gotten another sinus infection, ugh, so that's put me a bit behind.  I'm excited to share today's video and card with you though, I'm really happy with how this one came out.  In my video today, I teach you how to create a gorgeous underwater scene using distress inks.  I used the adorable Mermazing stamp set from My Favorite Things (I love this set!)  Here's my video on how to create the background:





And here are some photographs:









I created the background using Antique Linen, Vintage Photo, and Walnut Stain Distress Inks and some water for the sand. I created the waves by using Salty Ocean, Seedless Preserves, and Peacock Feathers Distress inks and some water.  I then used some white acrylic paint to splatter some white splotches over the panel.  I then cut out "waves" using the MFT Ocean Waves dies out of the distressed wave panel.  I then inked the tops of each wave with Staz On white ink to add some definition.  I colored all the images with my Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers.  I used Brown and Dark Brown for the mermaid's  hair, Purple and Turquoise Green for her tail, Turquoise Green for her top, Yellow and Brown for the starfish, and Flesh Color and Blush for her skin.  I coated all the images with my Wink of Stella Clear glitter pen.  I also added some sequins from my stash.  What do you think?

Well, that's it from me today.  Thanks so much as always for stopping by.  Have a wonderful day and I'll catch you in the  next video!


...and they lived happily ever after.
blog design by vk design company