Sunday, May 28, 2017

Video Tutorial: Watercolor Tips using Zig markers and Mama Elephant's Organic Blooms Stamp Set

Hi everyone!  I hope you are having a wonderful weekend!  I have a brand new video tutorial and card to share with you today.  In this video, I show you some more tips on how to use your Zig markers to create unique color pallets.  I'm using the new, gorgeous stamp set called Organic Blooms by Mama Elephant.  Here's my video tutorial:



And here are some pictures:


To color the peachy colored flowers, I used Pink, Yellow, and Wine Red.  For the pink flower, I used Light Pink, Pink, and Wine Red.  For the leaves, I used light green and for the blue flowers, I used blue.  For the shadow around the image, I used Light Blue.  I used some gold foil paper from Stampin' Up!  The pink paper was created using the Flora background stamp from Simon Says Stamp and the emboss resist technique.  I'll be doing another video on this technique, but just briefly, I inked the image with Versamark ink, heat embossed it with white embossing powder, then applied Worn Lipstick Distress Oxide ink.  I added some flicks of gold paint from the Gansai Tambi Starry Colors pigment ink set.  I also added some sequins from Lucy's Cards and Studio Katia.  I also coated the flowers with my Wink of Stella clear glitter pen. What do you think?


Well, that's it from eme today.  Thanks so much as always for stopping by and I'll catch you in the next video!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Christina, what kind of paper did you use for painting the flowers on? Thanks.
Melinda

...and they lived happily ever after.
blog design by vk design company