Sunday, June 4, 2017

Video Tutorial - Creating a Galaxy Background with Watercolor and Lawn Fawn Stamps

Hi everyone!  Thanks so much for stopping by.  Today I have a two part video tutorial on how I created a galaxy background with this brand new adorable Upon a Star stamp set from Lawn Fawn.  In Part One, I demonstrate how I created the background with water coloring and distress inks.  In Part Two, I show how I created the grass and how I colored the critters. 
Part One:



Part Two:

And here are some pictures:



And here's the one I created on camera (it's so neat that each time you do this technique, it turns out differently!):




To create the background, I water colored using Salty Ocean,  Peacock Feathers, Seedless Preserves, Chipped Sapphire, and Black Soot distress inks.  I also spashed some white acrylic paint and some gold and silver paint from Gansai Tambi Starry Colors paint palette.  For the grass, I sponged on Mowed Lawn and Pine Needles distress inks and spritzed some water.  I then put some Black Soot ink on to create a shadow using a sponge dauber.  I used Lawn Fawn dies to cut out my rectangle and my grass.  I colored my fox and my bunny using my Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers.  For the fox, I used Deep Red and Brown.  For the Bunny, I used Gray, Light Gray, and Almond Pink.  I then used the coordinating dies to cut them out.  I stamped some of the constellations on the background and embossed them with white embossing powder.  I also white embossed the sentiment (also from the stamp set).  Finally, I added some sequins.  What do you think?


Well, that's it from me today.  Thanks so much as always for stopping by and I'll catch you in the next video!


No comments:

...and they lived happily ever after.
blog design by vk design company