Thursday, August 31, 2017

Video Tutorial: Hero Arts My Monthly Hero Kit - Several Card Examples and One Card from Start to Finish

Hi everyone!  I hope you are all having a wonderful week.  I finally had some time to sit down with the amazing August, 2017 My Monthly Hero Kit from Hero Arts.  I have several card samples to share with you today and in the video, I also create one card for you from start to finish.  Here's the video:



And here's the card I made for the video:



And here are two more cards made with the same technique as the card created in the video:


For all three of these cards, I used Distress Oxide Inks (Salty Ocean, Peacock Feathers, Seedless Preserves, and Black Soot), white paint, and the shimmer sprays that came in the kit to create the backgrounds.  I used a combination of several different embossing powders (gold, silver, black, and white).  These cards were so much fun to make. 


For my next three cards, I painted the backgrounds with watercolor paints.  Here's some pictures:


For the card on the left, I used my Gansai Tambi watercolor paints to create the background.  I then stamped the little boy image and embossed him with black embossing powder.  I embossed the stardust swooshes with gold embossing powder.  I stamped the star onto some vellum, embossed it in black, and then cut it out with the coordinating dies.  The sentiment was embossed with white embossing powder.  The card on the right was painted with pearlescent paints to create the background.  I then used various embossing powders to stamp all the fun images.




For my final card, I decided to create a shaker card using the fancy die that came in the kit as well as the sequins that came in the kit.  I stamped the swoosh and the girl and cut them out with the coordinating dies.  I also embossed all the clouds on vellum with white embossing powder and cut them out using the coordinating dies.  The background on this one was also painted using my Gansai Tambi watercolor paints.  The sentiment was embossed with white embossing powder. 


Well that's it from me today.  Thanks so much as always for stopping by.  Have a wonderful day and I'll catch you on the next video :)


1 comment:

Amy Vitriani said...

Thanks for the amazing video Christine! This kit is amazing and I was glad to see a video in regular time lol!! It wasn't too long for me, and I really appreciated being able to see things happen in actual time. I'm new to your site and have already watched several of your videos, and they are all just fantastic ❤️ Thanks for the inspiration!!

...and they lived happily ever after.
blog design by vk design company