Tuesday, September 19, 2017

LDRS - Fun Watercolor Painted Card with Product Spotlight Video


Hi everyone!  I'm here with you today to share a super cheery, bright, and fun card using the delightful and oh so adorable Everything Stops for Walkies image. This image was perfect for combining my love of coloring and water coloring onto a card to create a scene.  I loved water coloring the background and I also painted the beautiful image.  Who wouldn't love to go walking with that cute little puppy? :)


I have a quick video showcasing some of the great products used on this card:
(To watch on YouTube, click HERE)
To create this card, I used the adorable Everything Stops for Walkies Stamp Set and then I water colored the image with my Zig Markers and a water brush. I also created the fun watercolor background with watercolor paints and I added some shimmer paint to the top for some extra shine.  I used the Splended Azure 6x6 Paper Pad for my design papers.  This paper is so gorgeous, I can't get enough of it.  I love the beautiful,  rich colors and the color scheme.  I used the Splendid Azure Cut Outs to stamp my sentiment onto and then I embossed my sentiment with some black embossing powder so it would really stand out.  Finally, I used the absolutely gorgeous Dotted Wings Die Set to create the beautiful butterflies in the top left corner. 


I just love the richness of the design paper and it was so fun finding watercolors to match the papers.  Here is a close-up of the gorgeous butterfly die:


I added some silver glitter paper to the butterflies I put on top to give some extra shimmer and sparkle. 

Here's another look at the Splendid Azure Cut Outs with the sentiment stamped right on.  I just love how these coordinate perfectly with the design paper. 


I had a slightly difficult time capturing all the shimmer I put onto the background with some shimmer paint.  This next photo is not the greatest, but I wanted the fun shimmer to show through.
;0

If you click on this picture to make it bigger, you can really see the shimmer and shine :)

I really hope you enjoyed my card for today.  Don't forget, you don't have to be good at water coloring to create a fun, abstract background scene on your card.  It's so fun to do and I think it comes out looking really sweet.  While you're here, don't forget to check out the Clearance Section at the shop to find some amazing deals.


I really hope you enjoyed my card for today.  Thank you for joining us here at the LDRS Inspiration Blog. Remember we are always here to inspire you. There are some great deals in the CLEARANCE SECTION of our store available NOW and there is a DISCOUNT CODE available on the Spotlight product from the monthly NEWSLETTER so get signed up! Love video tutorials, our DT on the YOU TUBE channel will show you how to use the products. Visit us at any of our other Social Media locations and never miss out on inspiration with these great products!
Huge Hugs,
Christine

1 comment:

Chriss America Real said...

Oh Christine!

I love, love, love this card! Your coloring is fantastic and your background paper & embellishments are so cute!

Hugs,
Chriss

...and they lived happily ever after.
blog design by vk design company