Sunday, October 29, 2017

Video Tutorial - Creating a Fun Rainy Scene with Honey Bee Stamps, Stencils, and Embossing Paste

Hi everyone!  I hope you had a wonderful weekend!  Sorry for the late post tonight, but the weekend got away from me.  Lots of family activities, preparing for my husband's birthday which is tomorrow, and of course, finishing Stranger things Season Two! :)  But I finally have my card and video up for you.  I decided to create a fun rainy scene with a new image from Honey Bee Stamps.  I also did some stencil work with a new stencil from Honey Bee.  Here's my video:
(To view on YouTube, click HERE)

And here are some pictures of my card:








To create this card, I first inked up the background.  I placed a piece of low tack tape onto some Canson XL watercolor paper to divide the cardstock.  I then inked the bottom with some Iced Spruce Distress Oxide Ink.  Next, I moved the tape to cover the Iced Spruce and inked the top 2/3 of the cardstock with Salty Ocean Distress Oxide Ink and Faded Jeans Distress Oxide Ink and then spritzed the panel with water from my distress sprayer.  I then set that panel aside to dry.  I next inked up the gorgeous image from the Seasonal Sweeties Stamp Set from Honey Bee Stamps and stamped it onto  some Canson XL watercolor paper.  I then painted the image with my Zig Markers and my Detailer Water Brush.  Here are the Zig Colors I used:
Large Umbrella: Deep Red, Pale Rose
Hair: Light Brown, Brown
Scarf: Yellow, Brown
Jacket: Deep Red Pale Rose
Boots: Black
Skin: Flesh Color, Blush, Sugared Almond Pink
Dog Umbrella: Peacock Blue
Dog: Brown, Light Brown

Next, I cut the image out (but made a boo boo, so I fixed it by adding some black twine onto the umbrellas).  Next, I brought back over my distress inked panel and laid the rain drop stencil from the Fall Showers Stencil Set from Honey Bee Stamps on top of the panel and then placed some Cosmic Shimmer Aurora Sparkle Texture Paste over top the stencil so it would lay inside the grooves of the raindrops and result in shimmery rain drops on the panel.  I then let that dry and then placed my colored image onto the panel with some foam tape.  Finally, I inked the sentiment with some Versamark Ink and embossed it with white embossing powder.  Finally, I added some Silver Lining Nuvo Crystal Drops onto the sentiment panel and then added some clear shimmery sequins to the main panel (which I adhered to an A2 sized notecard with foam tape).  What do you think?

Well, that's it from me today.  Thank you so much as always for stopping by and I hope you  have a wonderful day!!!

1 comment:

Christina Brashears said...

I love the way that you were so descriptive on your coloring. I have been using pencils and really wanted to get into Copic markers. You said you used Zig markers. Are they compatible to copics? I will be checking out prices for sure. I love the way you blended it out with water it looks so pretty. Thank you for such an awesome job. Your work is beautiful.

...and they lived happily ever after.
blog design by vk design company