Sunday, October 8, 2017

Video Tutorial - Mama Elephant - Creating an adorable winter scene with Me and My Yeti stamp set

Hi everyone!  I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend!  I have a fun card and video tutorial to share with you today showcasing the adorable Me and My Yeti stamp set by Mama Elephant as well as the adorable Sentiments from a Yet stamp set, also from Mama Elephant.  I also have a video tutorial showing how I put this card together.  Here's the video:
(To view on YouTube, click HERE).

And here are lots of pictures of my card so you can really see all the sparkle and shine:











To create this card, I first created the background panel using Broken China Disteress Oxide Ink and Faded Jeans Distress Oxide Ink.  I blended the colors together, then spritzed some water over the panel to look like snow.  I also added some shimmer spray from Hero Arts.  Next, I cut out my mountains using the Stitched Mountain Borders Die from Lawn Fawn.  I used some gray cardstock and some white glitter cardstock for the mountains.  Next, I cut out the tree line using the Forest Border die from Lawn Fawn.  I inked the tress with Mowed Lawn distress ink and also spritzed them with water.  I then created two snowy hills using the Stitched Hillside Border Dies from Lawn Fawn.  I slightly inked the hills with Tumbled Glass Distress Ink.  That's how I created my scene, it was super easy to do.

Next, I painted all my images with Zig markers and a water brush.  Here are the colors I used:
Yeti: Light Blue, Pink, Light Pink, Gray, Light Gray
Star Banner: Brown and Yellow
Girl on Yeti
 -hat - Peacock Blue, Light Pink
 -shirt - light pink
 -hair - light brown, yellow
Houses: Dark Brown, Light Blue, Cornflower Blue, Wine Red, Yellow
Trees: Green, Light Green, Light Blue
Little Boy looking up: Concord Blue and Green (hat), Red (scarf), Concord Blue (Jacket), Brown (pants),Black (Shoes)
Little Girl Looking Up: Pale Rose, Peacock Blue (hat), Red (Scarf), Pale Rose (jacket), Cornflower Blue (pants), Black (Shoes), Dark Brown and Brown (hair)
All skin tone is Blush, Flesh Color, and Sugared Almond Pink

I stamped the sentiment on the inside of the card.  What do you think?

Well, that's it from me today, thanks so much as always for stopping by!!!!


2 comments:

Dayle said...

Love this card! Thanks for all the information you provided in your video!

Chriss America Real said...

I love love love this card! This is one of the coolest cards I have seen in a long time !

Hugs ,

Chriss

PS I am bookmarking your tutorial over on YouTube so that I can try it when I get time .

...and they lived happily ever after.
blog design by vk design company